Sunday, February 3, 2008

Link to a forum : Anyone successfully hosting Yahoo domain elsewhere?

02-22-2006 (7 posts)
First comment from this forum :

" I have a domain registered with Yahoo - $2.97 a year was a great deal - so I locked it in for 3 years for what most others were charging for one. I put in the DH name servers in the Yahoo control panel and I was able to access the site and upload stuff to it with Transmit to the DH servers. So far, so good.

Now I got to upload some more and it gives me a password error in Transmit. I try to go to the domain using Camino and get the Yahoo "under construction" page.

I double checked in the Yahoo control panel and the DH name servers are still listed, but when I try to access the site I still get the Yahoo place holder page.

I want to host the site at DreamHost and I thought it was simply a matter of changing name servers like DH describes, but for some reason Yahoo keeps flipping me back to their "under construction" page.

I did a Google search and I am not the only one with this problem, but no one seems to have a solution. Since the domain is new, I cannot transfer it to DH yet. Yes, I can forward the domain, but I signed up to have Yahoo register my domain and that's all I want them to do.

Any ideas?"

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails